Magma Products are an international oil and gas engineering consultancy specialising in Pre-Commissioning / Commissioning / Start-up and Operations Support to the offshore industry. Due to substantial contract wins for Major Operators we require Pre-commissioning Project Engineers to join our pre-commissioning process team and assume responsibilities for the continuous improvement and support the safe and efficient operation of our clients fixed platform assets in various locations in the UK and overseas.
The position is based onshore with the majority of time within the client’s office. The Process Engineer will be required to carry out studies, support the operations team and assist with offshore pre-commissioning, occasionally being required to travel offshore to survey / support work scope.
- Perform detailed pre-engineering, work packs, procedures etc for one or more PPU pre-commissioning service line.
- Office based duties will also include assisting with equipment specification and function testing, and ensure correct load out of equipment
- Site based duties will include being the discipline focal point and resident expert supporting the Project Manager for all pre-commissioning process service lines
- Understanding and relating any changes to technical codes and industry practices to other staff, fully understanding and disseminating client specific requirements and expectations
- The two key result areas are the safe execution of the project for all staff and maximizing growth via increased work scopes and services
- Provide leadership onsite via a detailed technical understanding of Pre-commissioning services – Process N2 Services, Bolting, Machining and Flange Management and pigging, hydro-testing, dewatering, drying etc.
- Responsible for the overall running of the delegated aspect of the project, liaising with the Pre-commissioning Project Manager to determine the scheduling and management of resources
- Provide project reporting to Magma Products Management on progress i.e. commercial, schedule etc.
- Be accountable for the co-ordination and delegation of all Magma Products Project documentation, resource and equipment requirements, to ensure all demands and timelines are met or managed
- Ensure all Magma Products documentation is consistent in its approach and standard of quality prior to submission for review & sign-off
- Participate in all client project meetings, HAZIDS / HAZOPS and Risk Assessment sessions requiring Magma Products input
- Ensure that the monthly billing process is robust and efficient with all correct paperwork being approved and presented on time
- Championing and managing the Flange management database
- Coordinate planning activities of personnel
- Act as a key focal point for technical issues
- Provide technical support to Project Manager on activities
- Preparation and approval of detailed technical procedures and related activities, including HSE and QA plans
- Attend meetings with clients on technical issues
- Carry out site visits offshore, ensuring all relevant information was collated and filed accordingly
- To act in the best interests of the company at all times
Applicants should also meet the following requirements:
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Health, Safety and the Environment
- Apply Magma Products and where appropriate Client’s Health, Safety and Environment Policies and Procedures
- Ensure that all Quality and operational procedures are adhered to at all times
- Maintain and embrace ownership of departmental policies and procedures
Qualifications and experience
- Relevant site based industry experience
- Proven Track record in an Engineering and Supervisory role
- Ability to complete pre-engineering for one or more disciplines, specify equipment, perform and witness a function test, organize field personnel into working teams and plan the safe execution of a project
- Support the Project Manager in all aspects of the project and discipline requirements
- Commercial experience to assist in the preparation of a Tender