Magma Products are an international oil and gas engineering consultancy specialising in Pre-Commissioning / Commissioning / Start-Up and Operations Support to the offshore industry. Due to substantial contract wins for Major Operators we Electrical Engineers to join our pre-commissioning process team and assume responsibilities for the continuous improvement and support the safe and efficient operation of our clients fixed platform assets in various offshore locations.
- Maintain Electrical Specifications, Standards and Procedures, ensuring these fully comply with legislative requirements and expectations.
- Ensure all modifications to electrical systems fully comply with Specifications, Standards and Procedures and expectations.
- Champion electrical authorisation process, ensuring that all personnel comply with requirements and complete specified training.
- Provide electrical engineering support by maintaining daily communications to ensure support effectiveness.
- Ensure that electrical equipment and associated system performance are capable of meeting business needs.
- Audit maintenance activities to ensure compliance with standards.
- Ensure that the maintenance program is fit for purpose through developing, reviewing and authorising maintenance strategies and technical content of PMR amendments.
- Ensure that the safety performance of the installation is improved through assisting in the effective solution of Corrective Action Requests.
- Act as ‘Team Leader’ to carry out investigations or prepare scopes of work as directed.
- Provide operational and specialist electrical engineering support for modifications, study teams or projects.
- Set budgets which are realistic, efficient and will fulfil business needs for following 12 month period and manage expenditure for all work scopes within the limits of agreed budgets.
- Generate scopes of work, detailed cost estimates, and, where necessary, compile maintenance and minor modification work packs for offshore implementation.
- HND or BSc in Electrical Engineering.
- 10 years experience including 5 years in an offshore environment with an operator or operations contractor.
- Chartered Engineer (CEng) or qualifications leading to.
- Valid offshore survival
- Valid offshore medical