Magma Products are an international oil and gas engineering consultancy specialising in Commissioning and start-up. Due to substantial contract wins for Major Operators we require a Commissioning Team Lead.
The Position will involve working on behalf of Magma Products to provide Commissioning support to assets operated by one of our major clients. The role is located in Aberdeen, but will require attendance at the Module fabricators, Vendor Premises and Offshore.
The Commissioning Team Lead will work with the Commissioning Manager to develop and then deliver the commissioning work scope which meets the business needs and are in compliance with internal and external standards/ codes/ regulatory requirements and HSE policies and goals. This role will be instrumental in ensuring successful commissioning, start-up and handover for ongoing operations.
- Work as a Commissioning Team Leader to assist the Commissioning manager with the mutli discipline delivery of commissioning and start-up of our client’s project.
- Help to ensure alignment between the contractor and our client’s project management team throughout commissioning and start-up.
- This is a multi discipline role to ensure all disciplines are ready to start commissioning as soon as possible to ensure a safe early start of our clients project, it is expected that the role also involves leading the multi discipline commissioning team onshore during procedure writing and then offshore for delivery.
- Provide supervision and direction for the commissioning engineers and technicians assigned to you.
- Ensure safe execution of all commissioning scopes on various client sites.
- Technically review documents, making recommendations for change where necessary
- Critically review proposed content of and attend FAT’s.
- Interface with engineering management, construction focal point, project delivery leads, client commissioning and operations personnel.
- Work as a Commissioning Team Leader in the design office, module fabrication site, vendor works and offshore.
- Assist and deputise for the Commissioning Manager as required
- Participate in HAZOP, SIL assessments etc.
- Lead a multi discipline team of commissioning and start-up engineers
- 5 – 10 year experience of commissioning and start-up within offshore oil and gas industry.
- Excellent Oil and Gas engineering Multi-Discipline Knowledge
- Highly motivated, proactive problem-solving individual with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Commercial and contractual awareness
- Ability to communicate technically complex / novel concepts to non specialists
- Able to represent Commissioning discipline internally and externally on technical issues
- Current offshore survival and medical.